Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Video. Also Commentary!

It often makes me disappointed in people when I see how other countries view my own.  There are so many negative American stereotypes out here.  Some of it I can understand -- it's a proven fact that America has one of the highest obesity rates in the world.  So I can understand how some ignorant people will just assume that if you are an American that must certainly mean you're a fat slob.  Right?  And I can understand that just because our government passed a legislature that states a slice of pizza contains the nutrients found in one serving of vegetables, and can thus count as one serving of vegetables, that means that all Americans are retarded and think that pizza is a vegetable.  Right?  And since someone who used to be in Congress then became the head of the RIAA, a greedy corporation, which made it quite easy for that corporation to lobby two very bad legislatures (SOPA and PIPA), then that means America as a whole is turning into a Nazi regime and is trying to censor the entire internet.  Right?  

These ones don't really bother me all that much, though.  For lack of a better term, America is a loud country -- we tend to have an opinion about everything, and in my opinion (see what I did there?) we tend to stick our noses into just about everything.  I think that's one of the main reasons why we get this kind of abuse.  It's all good.  We can take it.

There are some other perceptions of America that I see, which sort of sadden me, however.  These are the ones that aren't "jokes", persay, or trolling.  They are people who legitimately have misconceptions about what America is like.

For example, today I saw a European stating they would never visit America because they were scared to death of getting shot by the military.  They then quoted an American law that states the military can arrest anyone they suspect of being a terrorist and hold them indefinitely without trial.  So already his statement is flawed, since no where in that law does it state the military is allowed to SHOOT you for being a suspected terrorist.  Last time I looked, I didn't live in North Korea.  Secondly, do people really think that we arrest foreigners all the time for no reason and throw them in Gitmo?  That's really sad.  Unless you have a bomb strapped to your chest or you're carrying something illegal (chemicals, weapons, etc.), you're not going to have any problems.

I saw another person, I think they were Australian, stating that they would never visit America because there's nothing there worth seeing.  This gives me the perfect opportunity at one of the most advanced methods of ownage known to man.  Not only am I going to show you places worth seeing in America -- but I'm going to show you beautiful places in America that you've probably NEVER HEARD OF.  Everyone knows about Yellowstone National Park, or Mount Rushmore, or the Grand Canyon, or the Lincoln Memorial, or Niagara Falls.  I'm not even going to MENTION any of those amazing places, and I'm still going to own this guy's ass and show him why there's a song called America The Beautiful.

And not once, but ten times.

1. Asheville, North Carolina


It's a city at the base of the Appalachian Mountains.  The scenery there, especially at sunrise and sunset, is utterly amazing.

2. Aspen, Colorado
 

Here, you will see mountain scenery that is not unlike scenes out of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films.

3. Cape Cod, Massachussets
 

The picture speaks for itself.  This actually reminds me of the old Westfall in World of Warcraft.

4. Destin, Florida
 

If their tourist tagline isn't "Make Us Your Destin-ation", they need to change it RIGHT THIS SECOND.

5. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
 

We're pretty big on our mountains here in America.  This is the Grand Teton range.

6. Lanikai Beach, Hawaii
 

Naturally, I couldn't make a list like this without mentioning Hawaii!

7. Newport, Rhode Island

 

Beaches or mountains don't suit your tastes?  How about a quaint harbor town with scenic walking routes along the cliff rocks?

8. Point Reyes, California

 

71,000 acres of wildlife and coastland to explore.

9. Sedona, Arizona

 

I -love- the Red Rocks of America.  It's desert...but not.  And incredibly beautiful.

10. Sleeping Bear Dunes, Michigan
 

Just in case you don't like TROPICAL beaches, here's one along the Great Lakes for you.  You're welcome.


So there you go.  Ten little-known places in America that would make amazing vacation spots with no military standing around waiting to shoot you.

In other news, I mentioned before that I started playing through Serious Sam 3 once more, and that I was trying to record it.  The first two chapters didn't work out so well, and I decided since not a TON happens in those first two chapters, I would just start with chapter 3.  So here it is.





Additionally, I did record chapter 4 last night.  But I once again fucked it up.  The video and audio are actually fine.  What happened was that I wasn't recording when I thought I was recording -- so instead of recording the boss fight and turning off the recording at the loading screen for the next chapter, I  didn't record the boss fight and recorded the loading screen for the next chapter.  Which is not useful in the least!

A lot happens in that chapter, too.  So I'm probably going to have to replay it.  Sad, sad panda.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...