Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jedi Knight Vlog: Part 1

I've started a Jedi Knight called Kobel in The Old Republic, and I decided to do something a little bit differently this time around.  I've already discussed the game's elements, how it plays, the environments, and stuff like that.  This time around I'm going to focus more on the story itself, and to do so I'm going to offer short videos of all the important sections of the main storyline.  I'll try to keep my mouth shut as much as possible as I'm recording these, but you'll probably hear me making retorts from time to time.  It's just unavoidable.  :D

Also, the audio for the first few videos will be a tad loud.  Sorry about that.  I'm far from an expert in these things.

Finally, I don't think I need to mention the fact that this will spoil the entirety of the Jedi Knight storyline.  But just in case you're an idiot, there, I warned you.


So, the very first problem that I encounter after making a Jedi Knight character is an attack by Flesh Raiders.  I'm sent out to deal with the situation, which leads up to killing a Jedi who was trying to control them.  Impressed with the way I handled the situation, Jedi Master Orgus Din decides to take me as his Padawan.  I then go with him to a village of Twi'lek pilgrims, who are also having trouble with Flesh Raiders.  The first order of business is stealing some of the Flesh Raiders' weapons.  It's here that I meet my first companion.



This droid has a holorecording that may shed some light onto what, exactly, is happening to the Flesh Raiders.  Showing this recording to Orgus is next on my to-do list.



Orgus decides that the Jedi Council needs to see that holorecording.  While he's gone, it's going to be up to me to keep the Flesh Raiders pushed back until he's able to send me reinforcements. (Of course it is.)



While I'm working on that, I notice something a bit surprising -- the Flesh Raiders have begun using the Force.  Ruh-roh, Raggy.



To make matters worse, it appears that the mysterious figure pulling all the strings with the Flesh Raiders is an old Padawan of Orgus.  It's both good and bad, so to speak -- he's not a Sith, but he's also not on our side.  Either way, he needs to be stopped.



So Orgus is going after him, and he needs me to disable the shields for T7.  Bengel decides to say hello while I'm there.  It's the typical evil villain banter.  "Hello.  How are you?  I'm going to kill you soon."



Nevermind him, though, there are more immediately pressing matters.  The Flesh Raiders broke through the lines of defense, and began poisoning the fields of the Twi'lek pilgrims.  Well, we can't have that, now can we?



After dealing with that, it was time to head into the ruins and deal with the rest of the Flesh Raiders.  Only one problem -- one of them now has a lightsaber.



And like any good story, this one would not be complete without some good, old fashioned BETRAYAL!




Up next:  The fall of Bengel Morr, and crafting my lightsaber!  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...