Friday, January 06, 2012

Taking the Grand TOR: Part 3

It's been a little while since I've made a TOR post, and I've made quite a bit of progress since then.  At the very least, I should use up some of the screenshots I've taken!  


 

This is a pretty simple example of combat for the Sith Marauder.  Obviously I dual-wield two lightsabers, and it's more of an acrobatic play-style.   This was taken on Dromund Kaas, which is incidentally the Sith homeworld.

 

The landscapes are large and impressive, such as this one!

 

Darth Baras, my Sith Master.  He's a bit annoyed with a prisoner at the moment.

 

My ship, The Fury.  Isn't she lovely?

 


The planet-travel screen.  It's very Mass Effect-y.

 

Balmorra is very pretty -- I headed there after I finished up on Dromund Kaas.  It's a very outdoors-y, war-torn landscape.  The story very much builds on the tensions between the Republic and the Empire.  It's very much like WoW in that regard, but the difference here is that, of course, it's all voice acted and staged very well.  You actually understand why you're doing what you're sent out in the world to do.

 

Jedi!  They don't scare me...

 

Nar Shaddaa looks amazing.  It's one of my favorite planets thus far -- I was quite happy to go back there for some bonus quests a little later on after I had moved on to Alderaan.

 

Fatality!

 

Just like in the movies, Tatooine is a big, empty desert.  But they did a really good job in making it interesting.  And beautiful.


As for my actual experience, it's been a very good one.  The leveling process does not feel like a grind, and I am having fun.  And this is concentrating only on solo-play -- just one part of a very large game.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...