Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

For a day that's traditionally and superstitiously attributed to bad luck, this one is certainly living up to its standards.  It started at lunch for me.  It's utterly despicable outside, weather-wise, so four of us decided to order some delivery and thus avoid having to leave the office.  When our food got here, I opened up my box and it was completely empty.

After one Mother Hubbard and one "What's in the boooooox?  Oh, nothing." joke later, I called up the place and informed them that my lunch was missing.

About an hour later, the guy finally arrives with my food, but he's all shaken up.  When he was retrieving my box from the driver's seat of his car, someone backed into him.  So the guy delivering my food was hit by a car.  Also, please note that I'm not saying that his car was hit.  No -- HE was hit.  Luckily, he was unhurt, since the other car was backing up and thus going quite slowly.  He said the only thing that hurt was his fist -- because he punched the other guy's car.  (Not out of anger -- more in panic and to make noise so the guy would stop backing up and not fully run the poor guy over.)

So yeah, this hasn't been a particularly good day.  Now I have to leave the office and drive home in temperatures far below freezing, high winds, and blowing snow.  Given the way this day is going, I'm not exactly looking forward to it.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...