Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Taking the Grand TOR: Part 7

The finale of the Sith Warrior!  Let's get to it.

Sarah Conner?  Come with me if you want to live.

Seriously, I wonder how many people actually get all of my jokes?  *Ponders*


Come on ride the train, hey, ride it, woo woo!

If I just got Quad City DJs stuck in your head, I vehemently apologize.  At least I'm telling you I do.  Secretly, I'm laughing.


One of my companions answered a holocall in nothing but his underwear.  What the fuck are my companions doing on my ship when I'm not around?!
These guys are pretty cool looking.  Too bad I killed them all.
I went with an orange lightsaber crystal in my main hand for a while.  I've since changed it back to red, though.  I was so close to leveling up that I didn't want to take the time to switch out the crystal right away.  Yes, I'm that insane.
Don't you just hate it when the Dark Side starts ripping your body to shreds?  It really ruins my day.
Here I am practicing my dramatic pointing.  It's also funny watching me freak out in the chat.
This reminds me of the original cover of Wolves of the Calla.  Just the whole glowing eyes, odd face structure, and the arms outstretched.  How odd.
This is the climax of the story just getting started right here.  I'm on my way to the chamber of the Dark Council to confront Darth Baras once and for all.
 
Epic pose with epic quote.  Too bad I got my ass kicked immediately thereafter.  Twice.  Them's the breaks, kid.
Actually, I take that back.  The first time I took on Baras, it wasn't too bad. I beat him.
Then he took off his mask.  Whenever anyone takes off their mask in this kind of situation, you can pretty much kiss your ass goodbye.
I'm not going to lie, this screenshot makes me fall down on my knees and praise whatever lords may be out there for giving me such a thing as Star Wars.
The only reason this is here is because I didn't think we had enough epic poses yet.  You're welcome.
And this about sums it up.  Baras is dead by my hand, and the Dark Council bowed to me.  I am now Darth Saburo.
Right, so final thoughts on the story?  Well, the first thing that I want to point out is this:  This is important, so pay attention.  Are you paying attention?  Good.  Playing through this entire story was well worth the $59.99 it costs to purchase this game.  Think about that for a moment.  I finished one of the classes within a month.  It was a lot of playtime, but I did it.  I could cancel my subscription right now, having lost nothing but that $59.99, which is the same price you would pay for, oh I dunno, Battlefield 3.  Or Call of Duty.  Do you see my point?  For the SAME PRICE as those turds, I got my money's worth out of LESS THAN ONE EIGHTH OF THE ENTIRE GAME.  

So do I think the subscription is worth it?  Let me summarize that answer for you:





Enough said.

Do I recommend this game?  Yes but only if just ONE of the following is true for you:  You like Star Wars, you like MMOs, you like epic storytelling, you are a human being with any kind of interest in having your pants entertained off your unworthy body.

It's not perfect -- no game is -- but it's fucking fun and kittens will cry if you miss out on all this good stuff.  Don't make the kittens cry.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...