Thursday, December 22, 2005

People are stressin' out...

I went to Wal-Mart after work today to get some things I'll need for the weekend, and it's good to see that the holiday is starting to get to everyone. Mass hysteria!

I will admit, though, that people seem to be remaining pleasant with each other -- and they're using Merry Christmas. (The SHOPPERS, not the workers.)

Then, there are the check-out people. The one I had this evening must really, really hate her job, because she wasn't happy at ALL. She put my bottle of Formula 409 in a bag, and set it on top of the bagging apparatus. I leave it sit there for several seconds, and she goes, "See, this is how it works, you take the bags I put there and I'll put the next one up."

I look at her like she has a cock on her forehead, but oblige and put this bag THAT HAS 1 FUCKING ITEM IN IT, and I put it in my cart. Next, she packs three sweaters and two pairs of jeans into a bag, and sets that up. I go to take it, and she nearly slaps my hand and goes, "I'm going to put more in that one."

I had a 20 lb. jug of kitty litter in my other hand. She's very lucky I didn't clock her with it.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...