Monday, December 12, 2005

I was right...

Yup, I'm addicted. It's not a pretty sight.

I entered the New World as Pharaoh PD of the Egyptian Empire, and build my glorious cities and lands into a force to be reckoned with. For this turn, I didn't go the route of Alexander the Great, where I tried to conquer the known world. Instead, I simply concentrated my efforts on the land that I had, building it up the best that I could. The result wasn't as good as I had hoped, and it's no one's fault but my own. (I'm not familiar enough with the nuances of the game yet to actualy build a super-power civilization.)

My diplomatic skills must be incredible though, because I never went to war once. I pissed off Spain a lot, and France really wasn't too happy with me either, but it never came down to invasions or all out wars. (Isabella was a fucking bitch, and Napoleon is a retard.) I think it's a cruel twist of fate that the game put France right beside me. Grr!


But, nonetheless, my PD-topia did well, though I found the number of turns to be too...short. I forget how many turns I had, but I finished up a turn in under an hour. Now that I have a better feel for the game, I'll be playing another turn and hopefully doing a better job at keeping my people happy. (They kept complaining that it was too crowded last time. Damn breeders.)

The one thing that I haven't figured out yet is how to develop more of the raw land within my borders. That's something I'll need to work on next time around too.

Then I'll declare war! Mwa-hahahahahaha!

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...