Thursday, December 08, 2005

Am I a magnet for lower life forms??

Everywhere I go, I see stupid people. Is it me? Do I attract them? Do they flock to me like Robert Downey Jr. to a crack dealer? Or, is it just that a vast majority of the human populous is stupid?

Whatever the answer, here's the latest story:

I had to stop at Giant Eagle yesterday to get a case of Nestea. I should have expected some kind of stupid person attack, since the supermarket is just about the best place to find stupid people. I go to the back, find my case of Nestea, and then found a checkout lane with a small line -- only 1 person in front of me, and they were already getting their items bagged up.

As the chickie behind the counter scans the Nestea, and slides it down to the end of the counter, the bag boy says to her, "I smell funk." and then proceeds to stick his head into his shirt and sniff himself.

WHAT............THE....................FUCK!

Needless to say, I didn't really want him touching my Nestea. After the chickie slid it down to him, I attempted to intercept it, but he got to it first. Now -- it's a 12 pack of Nestea. You don't bag those. The LOGICAL thing for him to do would be for him to hand it to me. What does he do? He shoves it underneath the little pad thingy where you can lay your checkbook or whatever down to write on. So, to get my Nestea, I had to reach UNDERNEATH the thing and pull it out, while leaning over the damned counter so I could reach. I wanted to throw the fucking case at him after that, but that would have been a waste of perfectly good raspberry goodness.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...