Sunday, October 23, 2005

Tonight's show, broadcast with fewer commercials, is brought to you by Philips...

I don't watch TV. I'm just pointing that out in case you've been living under a rock for as long as you've known me. The only time I watch TV is when I happen to turn off my DVD player and there's something there that immediately catches my interest.

Tonight, after I finished watching a DVD, the show "60 Minutes" was just starting as I turned the player off. This usually causes me to turn the TV off even faster than I normally would, but the introduction perked my interest, but not because of the acutal content of the show. (Well, except maybe when someone mentioned sex, but it was a momentary thing...)

Mike Wallace said, "Tonight's special broadcast of '60 Minutes' is brought to you with fewer commercials, so we may spend more time on each of tonight's stories."

It was at that point that I said, "Oh yeah, this I gotta see."

Immediately after he was done speaking, a big Philips logo came on the screen, saying, "Tonight's "reduced commercial" 60 Minutes is brought to you by Philips." Then, they went to commercial, and proceeded to show 3 different Philips commericals in a row. Given, this was less commerical time than normal, but by the time they were done I was so sick of the Philips jingle that I was begging for a Geico or Capital One commercial.

But sadly, those commercials were better than the show. I quickly turned off the TV when it came back on.

On another note, this is the first non-gaming post in about 8 posts. Don't worry, gaming will be back later this week, since Call of Duty 2 comes out on Thursday. Oh, yes.

What I'm Playing: Quake 4 Multi-Play
What I'm Watching: The Terminator, Reservoir Dogs
What I'm Listening To: Feel Good Inc. by The Gorillaz

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...