Sunday, October 30, 2005

Nazi Blasting -- Taking an age old past time to the next level.


I love World War II games. Unlike many other wars, it was VERY CLEAR who the enemy was. (The short deranged walrus looking Nazi with the funny moustache. Easy to figure out.) Besides that, no war had a more varied scope of battlefields.

As such, I was quite excited when Call of Duty 2 was released. And after playing about an hour of it, I must say that I'm impressed. So far, I have only one complaint -- CHECKPOINT SAVING. OMFG, when the FUCK will game makers realize that checkpoint saving is the gayest, most retarded, most annoying thing EVER?! I want to save my fucking game whenever the fuck I want to save it!

Anyway, with that aside, this game is SOLID. It's war, plain and simple, and you're dropped right smack in the middle of it. The first missions revolve around the defense of Stalingrad, so you're playing a Soviet rifleman. There were points in the firefights where I actually felt as though me and my squad were going to lose. It was THAT insane. My favorite part was being holed up in a trench, and watching five German panzer tanks roll across the gap right above my head. Golden!


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...