Tuesday, October 11, 2005

McDonald's has a Monopoly...

No, they're not the next Microsoft Corp. I'm talking about the GAME. Yep, the monopoly game is back at Mickey Dees, everyone's favorite peel and win contest. We've now adjusted our lunch schedules at work to include McDonald's 2 or 3 times a week now, in the sad and slim-to-none hope that we'll actually win something. (Like money. Money is always nice. Or the Dodge Viper, which we will sell on eBay for money.)

So I was at McDonald's today, and had just ordered my food. There was this guy standing beside me, who had already ordered. He was probably somewhere in his mid-50's. He suddenly starts talking to me about his Monopoly pieces. This was a suprise in itself, considering that perfect strangers normally don't just start talking to me casually. (Perhaps I'm intimidating in some way, or maybe I just look mean. Or deranged. Yeah, I'll go with deranged.) So, because he WAS making conversation with me, I realized that there was clearly something wrong with him. He says, "Look, I got Boardwalk. Now all I need is......what's that other one......?" Assuming he was asking me for the answer, I simply repled, "Park Place." "YES, that's it! Park Place!" Then, he looks at the other game piece he got, and it was for a free small soft drink. He was all excited about this too. He had already used one of those on a free small fry, and the game piece states, "Limit one per visit."

I saw the question coming a mile away. I knew it was going to happen. I braced myself as he turned to the gal behind the counter, and said, "This counts as a visit?"

THANKFULLY, my food arrived at that moment, and I ran away as fast as I could.



What I'm Listening To: All of This by Blink 182
What I'm Watching: Bleach 52-53 (For crying out loud, Ichigo, BANKAI ALREADY!)

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...