Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Better Best Buy

So, after work today I headed to Best Buy to purchase two new games -- F.E.A.R. and Quake 4. First off, allow me to state how much I *despise* the Beaver Valley Mall. It's fucking impossible to get from point a to point b. (Reminds me of the whole city of Pittsburgh, actually.)

ANYway, I get to Best Buy and start cruising around the store for my games. I find F.E.A.R. right away, and soon thereafter I find Quake 4, however both are the CD-ROM versions of the game, not the special edition DVD versions. I look around a bit more, and can't find the ones I want, so I ask some girlie. She's like, "Hmm, I do believe we have them. Let me check in the back for you." I was wanting to follow her to "the back", but I was on a mission and couldn't afford any distractions. A minute later she reappears with my gaming goodness, and I then ask her to direct me towards the PC Gaming headsets, which she does. (I'm impressed. She knew where TWO things were in store. Must be a pro.) I choose the headset of my choice, and frolic over to the checkout.

The girlie behind the counter disables the magnetic security strips on my items, scans them, and puts them in a bag. She gives me my total, and as I swipe my debit card, I'm thinking to myself, "Gee, that price seems awfully low."

But, I didn't say anything, and instead finished my transaction, and left. When I got home, I read over my receipt, and lo and behold, the girlie didn't scan one of the games! I got Quake 4 for FREE! This is better than downloading!!!

When the folks got home, I told them my awesome story. My Dad says, "Are you sure you can live with that on your conscience?"

To which I replied, "Well, I'm certainly not having any difficulties with it so far, and I don't see any in the foreseeable future."

Mwa-hahahahaha.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...