Wednesday, October 19, 2005

10 hours later, and it is done


What a ride! F.E.A.R. is now situated at #2 on my All-Time Greatest Games list, below only Half-Life 2.

This game played exactly like an action-horror movie, and I felt as though I was changing the outcome of the "movie" with every step I took. The ending was brilliant, and different. There was no token "boss battle" at the end where you've got the biggest gun in the game and you have to kill the last bad guy. Nope. They totally went in a different direction, an ending that's really never been done in a game before, but has been used in horror movies many, many times.

I will be sorely disappointed if they don't make a sequel. I demand it!

PD says: 98%

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...