Friday, October 28, 2005

I walk the streets of Japan till I get lost, cause it doesn't remind me of anything.

So I was in Kmart today, due to the fact that they had kitty litter on sale and I needed some. While I was there I got a few things I needed in preparation for the big party, such as snacks to soak up the alcohol in my stomach, and cleaning supplies for when I start cleaning this place up tonight. After almost running three people over in the parking lot because they pissed my off, I finally get inside and get my items. In the checkout, there's one person in front of me. A woman. With a showercap on her head. It was then that I knew I was in trouble.

The cashier had to tell the woman five times what her total was. And even then, the woman had to look at the little digital display thing. And, of course, she was paying by check. Which, as I'm sure everyone knows, is the fucking SLOWEST way to pay. (You wait for the total, you write out the check, you give it to the cashier, they study the check, they ask for your phone number, they write something on the check, they ask for your driver's license, they put the check in the machine, they wait until the machine prints something on the check, they wait for the receipt to print, they hand said receipt to customer. Shoot me now.) After this was finally over with, the woman puts her bag in her cart, (a bag that had one item in it, an item smaller than a bottle of shampoo. You need to CART this to your car?!). She then starts pulling the cart out of the checkout lane. It snags on a box sitting on the next counter. She tugs and tugs. My hands are full, but I place my 20 lb. container of kitty litter on the floor, and move the box. No thanks. No smile. Only a look of dissent as she quickly leaves the store. 14 seconds later, I'm scanned, paid, and bagged. And I had 15x the items she had.

Gotta love debit cards.


What I'm Listening To: Doesn't Remind Me by Audioslave
What I'm Playing: Counter-Strike Source
What I'm Watching: Looney Tunes

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...