Tuesday, October 18, 2005

There's nothing to fear, but F.E.A.R. itself


It's HERE! Finally! I've been waiting for this game since I finished Half-Life 2 the first time, and I'm finally playing it. One hour in, and it's fucking brilliant. It's got it all -- great story, awesome graphics, great gameplay, BRILLIANT artificial intelligence. The AI is really impressing me at the moment. Case in point -- I just offed one of the bad guys, and one of the remaining grunts radioed "I need assistance!", and then said, "Flank him!" and they proceeded to sneak up from behind me. Brilliant! I actually feel like I'm PART of the game, and that my actions are changing the outcome. It's good stuff.

It's also one of the creepiest games I've played since The Suffering last year. My character is plagued with macabre visions, very unpleasant stuff. And don't even get me started on the horror moppet. I think I now have a permanent fear of little girls.


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...