Friday, October 14, 2011

Well Gang, It Looks Like We Have Another Mystery On Our Hands!

Ruh-roh!

Last night was poker night.  I carried Buyo upstairs and put him into the spare bedroom, and I went into the living room for a bit on my laptop to finish off my evening with John.  After he'd gone to bed, I went into the bedroom to check on Buyo.  As I did, I noticed a bunch of glass on the floor.  Naturally, my first thought was that he'd knocked something off a shelf or bookcase.  I looked a bit closer, and realized there really wasn't anything breakable in that particular vicinity...but realized the glass was directly underneath the window.  Oh balls.

I opened the curtain to find a baseball shaped hole in the window, very near the  top of the pane of glass.  My first thought was a bullet.  I looked at the opposing wall and found nothing, though.  Well, -something- had to make the hole, so I started looking around on the floor.  I found a chunk of wood about the size of a golfball, and one side of it looked as though it had been chopped with a machete...or the blade of a lawnmower.

So that's what I surmised happened.  I think the golf course guys mowed our lawn last, so they probably hit a chunk of wood, and the piece I found punched through the window.

How unfortunate.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...