Friday, October 21, 2011

Jetson....!

Drama!

It's been a while since I've had any at the office, so I was about due.  This is actually quite an amusing story.  I love telling it.

Yesterday afternoon, a lady by the name of Sue came over to my desk.  She's another manager in the office for our Customs department.  I don't know her all that well, but she attends the bi-weekly manager's meeting and we do know each other.  She brought me this weird looking item -- it was (unbeknownst to me at the time) the padding for a bra or something of that nature.  A boob pad.  Whatever.  I thought it was a shoulder pad for a lady's blouse.

I took it over to Melissa's office, who is our HR person.  She laughed when she saw it, saying that she didn't know what it was but that it was just lying on the floor.  I told her what I thought it was, and she said that to her it looked like a skullcap, sort of like the kind of thing the Pope wears.  So naturally, the next logical thing for me to do was to put it on my head.

I said, "Well, this looks like something a Jewish person would wear at their Bar Mitzvah.  Mazel Tov!"

Both Melissa and Danielle found this to be hilarious, mostly because the thing sat on top of my head perfectly.  However, the owner of the thing didn't find it so amusing.  Apparently, she now wants me fired.

Nothing is going to happen to me, but damn if this whole thing wasn't hilarious.  It's kept me entertaining for a day and a half now.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...