Friday, October 28, 2011

The Heist

First, allow me to set the scene for you.  My team is located in the center part of the second floor of the office, occupying six of the cubicles here.  Our seventh team member is sitting a little over on the other side a ways, near the Custom's department.  Bernie and her team are over to the left from us near the windows and in front of the break room.  Got the logistics?  Good.  

Now, since it's Halloween soon, Bernie's team have hung up a plastic Halloween themed sign on one of their walls.  It has a button on it.  When you press the button, you get this incredibly annoying sequence of sound effects:  First, a ghostly "Ooooooooo!", followed by a monstrous growl, and finally a high pitched horror movie scream.

Yesterday, after Danielle, Jeff, and I tired of hearing it, I got out my toolkit and we sneakily removed the batteries.  They didn't notice it until this morning, so I told them where the batteries were (because I, like some men, simply like to watch the world burn).

So, when Danielle got in this morning, they pressed the button much to her chagrin.  "AUGH WHO GAVE THEM THEIR BATTERIES BACK?!"

Then, the two of us conspired a kidnapping.  Or, a signnapping, if you will.  A HEIST, of sorts, on par with the purloining of the Mona Lisa.  We were going to steal the sign!

So I drafted up a ransom note, because any signnapping worth it's crime has a ransom note!  I found a ransom note font on the Internet, and printed it out on the color printer.  (Because it's a fully acceptable waste of company supplies.)

After we finished drafting the note, it was time to "do the job".

I sneaked over to the sign, ducking behind the cubicle as I reached up to lift it from it's hanging place.  And the damned thing went off!   ABORT!  ABORT THE MISSION!  I ran for it, diving back into my own cubicle.  No one noticed.  Whew!  I tried again a few minutes later -- more carefully this time.  I have a picture of this so you can see me in action:



After I got the sign off the wall, I made a run for it and hid it in Ed's office.  (The fucker went off again when I set it down!)  Then, we put the ransom note in the sign's place and went back to acting nonchalant at our desks!  Here's a picture of the ransom note:




Now we're just waiting for them to actually notice it's missing!  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...