Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Yup, They Work

Today is National Drive Like As Asshat Day (#124).  The first incident was simply my confusion at some schmuck in an SUV who apparently thought the passing lane was her own personal driveway.  She confused me, because right when I first ended up behind her, she undertook a car that was going even slower than her.  This car then moved into the normal lane after this, which allowed me to pass it properly, and still leaving me behind this SUV.  A little while later, that same SUV was passed from the slow lane by another car (who had to be going about 100 MPH I think).  It just made me wonder about the thought process of her.  She was a living contradiction.

That wasn't the most exciting part of my morning drive, however.  Right before the exit off the parkway that I take to the office, suddenly everyone slammed on their brakes.  I'm not talking about a little slow-down either -- cars were actually going sideways in order to stop without hitting the cars in front of them.  I saw what was happening with time to spare, but I still had to hit the brakes pretty hard to get stopped.  (I didn't have to swerve, though.)  Actually, I was more concerned about the vehicles -behind- me.  I knew I was getting stopped, but I worried that whoever was behind me wouldn't react quite so well and hit me.  It didn't happen, though.  I still don't know what happened to cause it -- my guess is some asshat on a cell phone wasn't paying attention or some other asshat in a rush switched lanes without looking.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...