Wednesday, October 12, 2011

IRLRNG

I hate IRLRNG.  That's the "in real life random number generator".  It's the term I've coined to describe the reason for things going to shit.  It just seemed like today was a hugely bad sequence of IRLRNG.  I went into the office early to be on a customer call at 7:00 AM.  (I got in around 6:30-ish.)  As a result, I skipped breakfast until after the call was over, and was therefore starving.  I knew that Jeff had told us yesterday that he was bringing in rice crispy treats, so I waited around until about 9:15 AM since I figured I'd just have one of those for breakfast.  I couldn't wait any longer, so I went out and got something to eat.  Jeff pulled into the parking lot as I got back.  That figures.

That was only the start of things, naturally.  The main annoyance occurred near the end of the day.  Since I'd gotten in early, obviously I could leave early.  I planned on leaving for the day at 3:15 PM.  So of course, I had to attend a meeting at 3:00 PM.   That figures.  After that was over, I went back to my desk, checked in with everyone, and got ready to leave.  As I was standing at Danielle's desk, my boss came by and told me that he needed to see Jeff and I in his office.  BLARGH.

So, in the end, I ended up leaving the office a full NINE MINUTES earlier than I normally would have.  Go me!

That was of course nullified by the fact that I had to stop at the eye doctor's office after work and pick up my new glasses.  As a final tally, I think I got home exactly 27 seconds later than I normally would have.

I hate IRLRNG sometimes.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...