Saturday, February 25, 2012

When Is Long Too Long?

And if your mind went into the gutter as soon as you read that title, congratulations.  You think like me.  However, that's not what I'm going to talk about here.  Sorry to disappoint you!

I'm 46 hours into Kingdoms of Amalur, with still no end in sight.  Typically, I never complain about a game being too long, and I guess this is true because either I don't like a game and stop playing it before I finish it, or I love a game and I finish it with a feeling of wanting more.  It's rare that I find a game that sort of falls in-between that, but KoA might be one of those games.

When it comes to Skyrim, there are still side quests that I haven't done.  Probably not very many at all, mind you, but there are still some.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, and I will certainly take care of those at some point.  (Probably when the DLC comes out and I have renewed interest in playing the game.)

It's different with KoA.  I'm finding myself getting bored, actually.  The last two nights I've tried to make progress in the game, I've ended up dozing off at my keyboard, and just stopped and went to bed.  The game was literally putting me to sleep.

Perhaps the problem is that I know I have other games I need to playthrough that I'm not getting to play through because I haven't finished this game yet.  Or maybe the game is just boring!  Heh.

In any case, the other problem I have is that I really can't just say, "Alright, so the side quests are boring, I'll just do the main storyline and finish the game!"  The reason I can't do this is because I need to get to a higher level so I don't get my ass kicked.  Therefore, side quests.  After the battle of Mel Senshir, the game got really difficult again.

Speaking of the battle of Mel Senshir, I owe you a conclusion to that, don't I?  Righto then.  The following video will show you the appearance of the Balor, and the fight with Malwyn.  He's the Tuatha who is leading the forces that are besieging the city.



After defeating Malwyn, there was only one other thing to do, of course -- kill the Balor.  Oh boy.



I haven't done any of the main storyline after this battle, except one little part.  It seems that we're going to try and get the Winter Fae on our side, so that's interesting.  Aside from that, I've only been doing side quests, because I've discovered that the difficulty level of this new area I'm in is quite high.  I sort of feel that I need to level up a bit more with side quests before I do anything else in the main storyline, to prevent myself from getting my ass kicked.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...