Monday, February 20, 2012

KoA Stories: Part 1

Even through I'm 37 hours into Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, I'm still figuring out exactly how I'd like to present the story.  Because, y'know, it's a good story.  It's hard for me to tell you that, because there's a LOT of content to go through, and the story admittedly moves quite slowly given how much of this game I've played.  That's fine for me, but might not be so fine for other people.  So what I'm going to do from this point forward is kind of provide videos that highlight really important bits, and just tell you about the rest.

When last I left off, I had two quests in the main storyline.  The first was to help the gnome from the start of the game.  I've decided to leave that be for the time being, and instead focus on the other quest with General Tilera.  So, for her, the first thing I needed to do was activate a bunch of stones that were spread out all over the map.  This would allow met to access a cave that she would never be able to -- because Fate determined that she never would.  Since I can change fate, though, I can.  All of this was to retrieve a weapon -- a spear -- that Tilera would use to slay the Balor.
After a long and winding journey through the caves, we came to the room with the spear.  And, naturally, had one hell of a fight on our hands. 





So now that we have the spear, it was time to act.  The Tuatha have been laying siege to Mel Senshir for a decade now, and it would not be much longer before they finally do take the city.  But perhaps I would be able to help Tilera stop it?

After some convincing, the leader of Rathir agreed to make a counter-attack on the Tuatha laying siege to Mel Senshir.  It was time to go!



It occurs to me that this still might not make any sense, so I'll summarize it pretty simply.  When the Tuatha first appeared, they laid siege to Mel Senshir.  The city has been basically in stalemate with them now for ten years, but their forces are weakening.  During that time, Tilera has been sitting at the entrance to the cave where the spear rests, unable to enter.

With me so far?  Right -- so then I appeared.  I can help Tilera get the spear, because unlike her, I am not bound by Fate.  It is Fate that kept her from breaking the seal on the cave.  That spear is what is needed (again, according to Fate) to defeat the Balor that Maelwyn (the leader of the Tuatha forces laying siege to Mel Senshir) will use to destroy the city.

That's probably the most confusing part.  The rest is pretty simple.  The forces at Mel Senshir are running right out of the front gates of the city to meet the Tuatha head-on.  It's a distraction so that Tilera and I can hunt down and defeat both Maelwyn and the Balor.

In the next post:  The battle against Maelwyn and the Balor.  Trust me -- it's epic. 

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...