Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This is a Neo-St. Valentine's Massacre

On my way to work this morning, as I was listening to the radio I heard a bit of crackling in my speakers.  Obviously this was a concern, because listening to the radio on the way to work is what keeps me sane through the entire 40 minute drive.  (Or 60 minutes.  Or 75 minutes.  Or 120 minutes.  Depends on the fucking traffic with all the fucking road construction, and also on the fucking Stupidity Level of the human race.)

So, utilizing classic troubleshooting steps, I went about to figure out what was going on.  First step:  Isolate the problem.  The first thing I did was turn off my radio and listen.  Best to confirm that the cracking I was hearing was indeed coming from my speakers, and not my car falling apart.  Since that would be bad.

I didn't hear it with the radio off, and I began hearing it again almost immediately upon turning it back on.  So it was definitely coming from my speakers.  Bollocks.

I listen to the radio very loudly at times, so I assumed that I probably borked them myself.  Perhaps I'd actually blown one of them out.  Who knows.  I decided to try one more thing, however, to satisfy my own curiosity.  I'd been listening to satellite radio this entire time, and I then switched over to a CD.  Surprisingly enough, the cracking stopped when I did this.  So, I am hopeful that this noise was simply interference or just something wrong with the satellite radio signal, or the channel I was listening to.  I do not think, thankfully, that it is my speakers.  That's a relief, because honestly I wouldn't even know where to take my car to get new speakers installed.

Oh, and the title of this post contains lyrics to the song Peacemaker by Green Day.  That's the song I switched to on CD.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...