Monday, May 09, 2011

Dungeon Siege III

Dungeon Siege II was my first foray into the RPG genre.  I still remember my hesitation.  "Swords and sorcery?  Why the hell would I enjoy that?"

Okay, so I was young and stupid.  Sue me.

So for me, the Dungeon Siege series will always hold a special place in my heart, because it introduced me to a whole new world of gaming.  There are so many aspects of an RPG game that I take for granted these days, it's actually kind of sad.  I remember being utterly fascinated by how HUGE the world of Dungeon Siege was, and how much detail every little item had.  It's hard to still be amazed by that kind of thing, because I've seen it so many times now.

So now, Dungeon Siege III is on the horizon, and it contains what has become for me the most important feature a PC game could have -- co-op multiplay.

Lewis (from the Yogscast) linked a short video trailer for the co-op portion of the game.  View it here.  Obviously this doesn't show you any mechanics or stuff like that -- it's all fluff -- but the simple fact that the Dungeon Siege series is going to include co-op is enough to get me excited.  The game comes out in about a month, and I'm looking forward to taking a stroll through the vast world with John at my side.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...