Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Damn you, Murphy!

Okay, so I've been known to make mistakes.  I've also been known to sometimes make bad assumptions.  Thinking that Brink would be good is apparently one of them. 

First of all, I will admit that I've played a total of 18 minutes of the game.  I'm quite aware that 18 minutes is hardly enough time to warrant a justified opinion on the quality of the game.  Sadly, I was so fucking bored after those 18 minutes that I couldn't fucking stand it any more! 

Part of the problem is me.  See, I should have done my research a little better on this one.  I don't like tactical shooters.  I played a lot of Counter-Strike, but that's as advanced as I'm willing to get into that sub-genre.  Modern Warfare can lick my balls.  My kind of shooters are Half-Life 2, Painkiller, Serious Sam, etc.  No tactical planning is needed.  You just fucking shoot things.  Yes, please. 

So yes, I take full responsibility for not realizing that Brink is a tactical shooter at its core.  You have objectives, and you must complete them.  Oh great.  Doing shit like this on my own is no fun at all, and the AI (on my team) was really pissing my mittens.  But I figured, hey, maybe this would be really fun to play with someone.  It boasts co-op after all, and I looked through the menus a bit and it seems easy enough to get someone into a game.  What I saw of the game looked like it would actually be pretty enjoyable to run through with a real person I could talk to and team up with.

But, I wasn't about to make the same mistake twice in a row, so I went online to see how solid the co-op play was.  And I quote:

“Online games regularly suffer lag.”

Thank you and good night!

Now playing: Incubus - Adolescents

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...