Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finally!

The patch notes for version 1.6 of Minecraft are out, and it's quite the extensive list.  However, I need to only point out one change:

  • Added nether support to multi-player
OMFG!  Finally!

There's a bunch of other cool things in there too.  PC Gamer did a nice article on it.

There was another rather interesting article at PC Gamer this morning, too, regarding League of Legends.  They wrote a very nice beginner's guide to the game.  I read through it, and since I've been playing the game for a while now, there was nothing in there that I didn't already know.  But it would be a HUGELY useful collection of information for someone just starting out.  Due to how much one person can affect the outcome of a match in MOBA games, the community is severely unforgiving.  If you don't know what you're doing, you're going to get harassed and flamed.  I can see this article helping to educate new players so that they might avoid most of that negativity, and don't prematurely quit the genre.  Because, despite being filled with a high number of assholes, MOBAs are incredibly fun to play.

Read it here.

Other than all that -- my shoulder feels much better today.  Still a bit sore, but I can move my neck freely today, which I couldn't do so well yesterday without cringing.  So that's pretty good news.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...