Friday, May 20, 2011

Damned Slacker!

It's funny, but I seem to be The Anti-Slacker.  That's not intended to mean that I'm not a slacker -- because trust me, I most certainly am -- but instead it's intended to mean that lately I've been slacking in the strangest of ways.

More to the point, I haven't been slacking at work.  (Oh the irony, since I'm typing this at work.  I'M ON BREAK, OKAY?  JEEZ.)  Anywho, I've instead been slacking in regards to the increasingly disturbing number of games piling up in my to-play bin.  So that's pretty funny -- my procrastination is harbored within my free-time activities.  How bizarre.

The main reason for this is the fact that I've been catching up on Season 7 of Grey's Anatomy.  That ended last night, because I'm now annoyed with the show.  (April is chief resident now?  Really?  Fuck that!)

Okay, back to the games.

I have started The Witcher 2.  I'll write a proper post about it once I get a bit deeper into it.  (Herp.)  So far, though, I'd say it's a very adult and very pretty game, with a decent story.  I'm a bit meh on the combat thus far, but I've heard it improves a bit as you go along.

I have a bunch of DLC packs to play.  The Fallout DLC Honest Hearts, the Amnesia DLC, and now there's a new Bulletstorm DLC.

Fable 3 seemed to be borked when I tried it the first time.  (C++ errors.)  I did a bit of reading online and found a forum post suggesting to uninstall and re-install the game.  I haven't tried it again yet.  It's inability to work right out of the box (so to speak) kind of turned me off from even wanting to play it. I'll give it another shot this weekend though, because I really wanted to play the co-op with John.

What I want to do with the Amnesia DLC is basically record myself playing it.  That should be entertaining.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...