Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm Still Picking Dirt Out of My Fingernails

It was a nice day yesterday.  This was a monumental occasion, because it feels like it's been raining for the past 40 days.

(The irony of this is NOT lost on me, by the way.  I find it utterly, UTTERLY hilarious that our first nice day in what seemed like forever, where the birds were singing, the sun was shining, and the world was beautiful, just HAPPENED to be the day after the world was supposed to end, according to the bible thumpers.  I fucking love it.)

Back on topic, since it was a nice day I decided to go out and do some planting. Four of our large flower beds were already weeded by my Dad, so I didn't have much else to do in those aside from putting in the actual flowers.  That didn't take me long at all.  Planted them, applied the Preen, watered, done.

The other two beds were a bit more problematic, as they haven't yet been touched by anyone this year.  Which means, of course, that it was the equivalent of traversing through the Amazon rainforest.  I'm pretty sure I discovered a few brand new species of weeds.  So in the name of science, I naturally ripped them out of the ground to examine them.  With fire.

After finishing that, I discovered my raspberry bushes are actually doing quite well, despite nearly being choked to death.  I cleaned the area out around them, and then started making room for flowers.  I planted a few rows of impatiens on one side, and more impatiens with petunias thrown in on the other side.  All of that took me nearly three hours, and I was pretty much done with being outside after that.

I went back inside with clothes soaked in sweat and my entire body covered with dirt.  After taking a shower, I realized another unfortunate side effect of making the outside look nice:  I could barely move my head because of my neck.

I've had a problem with my right shoulder-neck-ish area for a couple of months now.  Before yesterday, it was down to just a dull ache that I only tended to notice when my mind had nothing else to focus on.  I assume I'm obviously not supposed to be in semi-constant pain, so I should probably be seeking the aid of a doctor.  Thing is, I honestly felt it was slowly going away -- until yesterday.  Now it seems like if I put even the tiniest amount of strain on my neck, it flares up like a son of a bitch.

So, what I'm going to do is wait and see what happens with this newest pain (which is actually in a different spot than it was before).  If it's not really any better in a week, I'll go to the doctor.  It does feel better than it did yesterday, but it's still worse than it was before then.  I'm feeling pretty good today mostly because I got a ton of sleep last night.

Enough of my pathetic whining now.

Also this weekend, I decided to play a bit of the Amnesia DLC entitled Justine.  It's added a bit of a new angle to the whole atmospheric immersion of the game.  For one thing, the entire thing has to be played in one sitting, because there is no saving the game nor are there any checkpoints.  And, what I found to be most brilliant, the game actually SHUTS DOWN when you die.

Aside from that, I didn't do much in the form of gaming, besides the typical co-op stuff with John -- LoL, WoW, and Minecraft.  With him healing some randoms for me, I'm only 1 item level away from being able to queue for heroics.  I'll probably wait a bit longer than that, since I remember how horrendous it was to do heroics at exactly 329.  *shudders*

As a final point, I think I'm getting a bit high on carpet glue.  They installed new carpet here in the office over the weekend, and I think they wanted to make sure it NEVER comes off of the floor.  I expect pink elephants to show up rather soon.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...