Tuesday, March 08, 2011

But I Want to Slay Dragons...


I've discovered a bit of a flaw in my current raiding schedule.  Specifically, raiding on Tuesdays sucks because that's when new games are released.  Heh.  Dragon Age 2 comes out today, and I won't be able to play it until probably Friday.  (Tue-Wed = Raiding and Thu = Poker Night)

Bah.

But, if there's one thing I've learned very well, it's the art of patience.  (This is mostly due to two things:  First, that I'm in a relationship with someone who lives thousands of miles away, and second, he does not possess any patience whatsoever.  *grins*)

In any case, Dragon Age 2 is out and I already know it's amazing because I read PC Gamer's review on it last week.  I also read something interesting this morning:  Bioware has a "high-definition graphic/texture pack" that you can download from their website and patch into your game to make it even look more amazing.  The patch is 1 GB (holy shit).  I haven't seen this done since Valve patched the original Half-Life into their (then) new Source engine shortly after the release of Half-Life 2.  It'll be interesting to see just how good the game looks with it.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...