Friday, March 11, 2011

GTFO the Road!

On Wednesday, Jeff came into the office and told me that he noticed my car door appeared to be open.  Not wide open, mind you, but not shut properly either.  Frowning, I went outside to look, and indeed it was open a tiny bit.  I shut the door again, and it appeared to be fine, and I thought nothing of it until I went to lunch later in the day.

When I got back from lunch, I instinctively paid attention to the door as I closed it, and it did not shut properly once again.  I mucked around with it a bit, and could not get it to close.  It was as if the latch on the door was broken and failing to catch.

So, I called the dealership and scheduled an appointment for Thursday.  This means I got to work from home, which is always a welcome change to the daily routine.  It turns out the lock on the door was faulty, and the dealership fixed it.  My car is still under warranty, so it's all good.

That was sort of a boring story, I realize, but something interesting did happen on my way to pick up the car that night.  It was around 10:30 PM, when my sister and her husband were leaving to return home.  (It was the monthly poker night for my Dad, in which my brother-in-law participates.)  I simply rode with them to pick up my car, since they live only about a mile away from the dealership.

It was snowing pretty heavily at this point -- the ground wasn't covered yet, but it definitely wasn't going to be long.  The cars all had a thin layer on them.  So we're driving down McCaughtry Run road, which is the road I live on, heading towards the highway.  We round a corner, and please keep in mind these three things:

1. It was fucking cold outside.

2. It was snowing very hard.
3. It was 10:30 at fucking night.  As in the DARK kind of NIGHT.

So we round this corner, and there in the middle of the road is some maniac with a flashlight.  He was out for an evening stroll.  Yes a stroll.  At 10:30 at night.  In a fucking blizzard.  In the middle of the damned road.

We all gave a collective, "ARE YOU A FUCKING IDIOT, IDIOT?"

The rest of the drive was rather uneventful.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...