Saturday, March 19, 2011

Homefront

I hate it when a developer utterly screws up an idea that could be fantastic.  It really pisses my mittens.  Homefront is one of these cases, and the sad part about it is that they had all they needed to make a great game.  The biggest thing they have in their favor is the fact that the story is written by the same person who wrote Apocalypse Now and, more importantly, Red Dawn. 

Red Dawn is basically the exact same premise as Homefront — America is invaded and the story focuses not on the overall conflict, but on a small group of resistance fighters and their story.  THIS idea can make a great game, it really could.  But, sadly, the story of Homefront doesn't capture that, and instead comes across as just another Call of Duty clone. 

I'm further frustrated by the fact that the gameplay makes me want to punch babies.  I swear to the fucking gods, if I randomly die one more fucking time without warning I'm going to stab someone.  One time, I was in the back of a truck with all my other companions AFTER I HAD FINISHED THE LEVEL.  Then a rocket blew me up.  I reloaded and did it again the EXACT same way, and it didn't happen again.  What the fuck  is that shit? 

I'm trying really hard to like this game, but I'm failing miserably.
 

Now playing: Muse - Guiding Light

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...