Friday, March 25, 2011

On Today's Menu...

Fridays around the office tend to be a bit amusing.  Today was no exception.

When it was time to discuss lunch, my group decided to order food from this Italian pizza shop called Milano.  I had just finished collecting everyone's orders and monies when Bernie came over to ask us where we were getting lunch, and that she was also ordering from Milano.

We decided that we're just order separately, since we both wanted to pay with our credit cards.  Bernie and I looked at each other, expressions of realization and competitive determination forming on our faces, and then we both dashed for our phones, each determined to get our food order called in first.

I got my call in first, and I was giving the lady my order, I could hear the phone ring in the background.  I quickly said, "Don't answer that!  It's someone else from my office!  I want my food first!"

This made the lady laugh, and soon I could hear Bernie across the office yelling, "WHY AREN'T THEY ANSWERING!"  Danielle was on the floor in tears from laughing so hard, and she ran over to tell them what I had said.

When Bernie finally did get through, she says to the lady, "Did you just talk to a guy named Steve?  Cancel his order!"  This made the lady crack up even more, and I'm fairly certain we totally made her day.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...