Sunday, March 06, 2011

My Wall Was Thirsty

I had a bit of a disaster at work yesterday.  It was one of those more humorous and entertaining spectacles, thankfully, and not the stressful kind.  I prefer the former. 

I went to lunch with Danielle and Matt, and we ate at Arby's.  As and aside, I haven't been to Arby's in at least a half a year.  It was a nice change of pace from the usual lunches I have.  In any case, we at there and I bought my drink back to the office with me.  It was a large Dr. Pepper. 

We get back to the office, and I return to my desk.  I set my drink down beside me and start going through all the emails that had come in since I'd left.  One of them was an email from my boss, requesting that I go see him after lunch.  Having read that one, I stood up, grabbed my drink, and turned to go see him.  As I turned, I caught my drink on the corner of my cubicle.  This simultaneously popped the top off of the drink and knocked it out of my hand, sending it spiralling towards my wall, where it landed and exploded.  I had Dr. Pepper on the wall, on my white-board, chair, keyboard pad, floor, and just about everywhere else.  It was running down the marker tray of the white-board like a mini-waterfall. 

I was in such awe in how much of a disaster that one cup made, I just stood there looking at it for a while.  Danielle was outside at the time, and she came back to her desk (which is right in front of mine) while I was standing there gaping at the destruction.  She looked at me, then looked at the mess, and just said, “What…how…the hell?”

Then, she helped me scrub down the wall. 

Now playing: Two Door Cinema Club - Eat That Up, It's Good For You

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...