Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cowboy Bebop

I'm a really big fan of the anime Cowboy Bebop.  It's simply a piece of art, to put it mildly, and it's one of the few anime's that I can actually watch dubbed without cringing.  "Sympathy for the Devil" is my favorite episode of the series, and just thinking about the episode right now makes me want to watch the whole show right now.  (It's been a few years since I've watched it.)

I'm bringing this up because I've been semi-following the rumors floating around that a live action Hollywood version of CB is going to be made.  As you can imagine, this has most fanboys in an uproar, since obviously Hollywood is going to make a train wreck out of it.  Of that I really have no doubt either, but I won't be overly upset about it.  The thing that prompted me to share my thoughts about a possible CB movie is that most sources state Keanu Reeves is going to play Spike.  This has the fanboys in even MORE of an uproar, since the general consensus of the man is that he can't act worth a shit. 

I'm making this post to state that I support having him in that role.  I think he's be great.  I won't even go into the reasons why I think that, because they don't matter.  I just think he'd be great, and I want to see it happen. 

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...