Saturday, March 27, 2010

Let's Take a Trip into Fucked-Up Land!

Ok.  First let me warn you.  This music video is FUCKED UP.  Watch it at your own risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGLu_2uGRhk

Now, I actually didn’t start this post out with the intention of showing you a completely fucked up music video.  I’ve been a fan of The Bravery for a couple of years now, since I discovered them back in 2007.  That’s when I first heard Believe, and it was a completely inspiring and amazing song.  After that, I got the entire album, The Sun and the Moon and also got their first self-titled studio album.  They also released a “complete” version of The Sun and the Moon in 2008 that contained “sun” and “moon” versions of all the songs. 

All of this was good stuff.  Some of their songs actually made me think of Snow Patrol, though not because of the sound but because of the content.  Some of these songs were very inspirational or sweet.  Some of them were love songs.  For the Ocean comes to mind when I think of this, which was featured in an episode of Grey’s Anatomy. 

In 2009, they released a new album titled Stir the Blood, and the first single Slow Poison is pretty good.  The second single, which is the song in the above music video, is called Hatefuck.  After hearing it, I new I had to get the album.  I mean, these guys just wrote a song about fucking someone because you hate them.   Obviously, I needed to hear the rest of the album to see what other issues they have.  Heh. 

So anyway, the whole purpose of this post was to talk about how fascinated I was about a song called Hatefuck.  Incidentally, the song is retitled to “Hateful” for the mainstream.  Gee, I wonder why? 

In any case, my fascination with the content of the song has been totally overwritten by my utterly morbid fascination with the music video.  I mean, Christ in a cartoon, she carves a mangina into his crotch there at the end, and a bunch of plastic mermaids swim up it. 

I guess I wouldn’t be so surprised about this if it didn’t seem like such a departure from their previous work. 

No.  I take that back.  Mermaids swimming into a mangina would have disturbed me regardless of their reputation.


Now playing: The Bravery - Hatefuck

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...