Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Choosing My Build

Before I decided to just throw some APs wherever I wanted, I needed to do some research into the talent builds of Fallen Earth.  I am a melee player at heart, and that is probably what I’m going to be playing in this game as well.  But, for the first time since Guild Wars, I’m not going with a full out tank first.  The main reason for this is because I want to be very dependent on crafting.  I can’t do that will a full tanking spec, because tanks have no need for the two stats that are needed to be a crafter:  Intelligence and Perception. 

So, I’m going with a “Crafting/Melee/Defense” build.  It’s a full crafting build with a focus on melee combat, high defense, and strong hit points.  I’m also going with Healing and Ranges Offensive mutations.  I’m not sure if I would be able to “tank” with this build or not, but it’s not like it matters anyway.  This game has no raids and no end game content. 

The problem that I’m having right now is that I’m horribly squishy.  I want to keep my crafting skill level on par with what I want to craft, and it’s trickly because it means I’m not putting many points into Armor use or Dodge.  So, basically, I’m getting crushed when I’m fighting something even just one level above me.  I put a few points into these two attributes before I logged for the night (5 into each), so we’ll see if that helps me any the next time I play. 


Now playing: Finger Eleven - Walking In My Shoes

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...