Saturday, June 24, 2006

You FAIL!

I downloaded this episode of Marchen Awakens Romance (better known as simply MAR). It's an anime based on an RPG. Anyway, I download this episode, and it comes with 3 files -- the actual video file, a subtitles file called an .srt file, and a readme.

I have dealt with .srt files before -- they are simply a small file that contains the subtitles for the matching video file. These are especially useful with dual audio video files, or if you just want to turn the subtitles off completely.

I was curious as to what the readme file said, so I opened it up. Here, it was a guide on how to use the .srt file. I started reading through this utter pile of steamy bullshit, and just shook my head in disbelief.

They had you doing stuff, running command prompts, doing more stuff, running programs, etc, etc, doing more stuff. And then they said you can only use certain media players, or the subtitles won't show up.

Would you like me to tell you a little secret? Rename the .srt file to the exact same name as your video file, and keep them in the same folder. Guess what? The subtitles will magicially start working! With any media player! That's it!

They fail.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...