Friday, June 02, 2006

I'd make a lousy assassin....


I'm trying out Hitman: Blood Money. After playing Half-Life 2: Episode 1 for the second time tonight, I needed something new, and it was the first new game that I hadn't installed yet.

I've learned one thing: I'm *not* a stealth gamer. The general idea behind the Hitman games is that you sneak in, kill the person you are assigned to kill, and sneak out. Undetected. Yeah. Cut to me having a shootout with the entire Colombian drug cartel while trying to infiltrate the drug boss' mansion. NOISIEST ASSASSIN EVER!

I've also realized that the Source engine has spoiled me. (The graphics engine that powers Half-Life 2). Compared to HL2, Hitman looks like ASS JERKY ON A STICK! I feel like I'm watching claymation.

But I will say this -- completing a mission gives you a genuine sense of accomplishment, because of how difficult they are.


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...