Friday, June 23, 2006

Reminiscing

I went out and pitched a little on the new court this evening, right before dark. Being out there got me thinking about the summer's I spent at my grandparent's house when I was a kid, back when during the summer there was nothing else TO do other than throw horsehoes.

I would throw anywhere from 150 to 300 shoes every single day. Now that I look back on it, it's no wonder I became a world champion. Comparing to how throwing a horseshoe felt then to how it feels now, it's apparent that the key ingredient in doing well at the sport (as is the case with ANYTHING) is the practice.

I don't consider myself naturally talented at horseshoes. When I first started, I would throw about 1 or 2 ringers out of every 100 shoes. After about 4 or 5 years, I was up to 80 out of every 100. These days, without practice, I can get about 40 or 50 out of 100.


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...