Sunday, June 18, 2006

Christened the court...

I went out and christened the new court today by throwing out the first shoe. Even though it wasn't the prettiest throw, amazingly enough it went around the stake. I guess someone is trying to tell me I built it correctly. I still don't have pictures -- by the time I thought of it today, it was already starting to get dark.

In other news, I went over to a relative of a relatives place for a father's day picnic. For the most part, the day was uneventful. With the exception of my parents and my sister and her husband, the people there fell into two different categories for me: either I didn't know them well enough to carry on an interesting conversation, or I didn't like them. And, of course, my parents and my sister and her husband were busy talking to these people, so I watched golf on TV. Such a thrilling day for me!

But there was ONE thing that made it worthwhile. This house I was at has this deck that is kind of strange -- in the MIDDLE of it, there is a step. The first time my mother walked across it, she didn't realize there was a step there, and went flying across the deck and on top of some guy sitting on a lawn couch. Funniest. Thing. Ever.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...