Monday, September 12, 2005

Progress

So it's been about 2.547 months since I decided I was going to build myself a new horseshoe court. Progress has been slow, mostly because the first stage of construction involved asking a favor of a friend who possessed the equipment needed to clear and level the ground. Therefore, I was then on THEIR time, and had to wait until they were able to do it. Well, finally, that part of the project is done, so now it's all back in MY hands now.

First, a picture of the area at the beginning:

Lots of weeds and crap. Now, STAGE 1:

Much better. Today I went out and raked the rocks out. Next step is laying the frames in the ground and putting landscapers cloth down. First, however, I have to get 12 more corner brackets for the frames, and some WoodLife to treat the wood so it doesn't rot away quickly. I'll get these tomorrow on my way home from work, and tomorrow night I plan on attaching the brackets to the frame and treating the wood.

My Dad will be getting the landscapers cloth for me from where he works, so I hope to have that before the weekend.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...