Monday, September 19, 2005

It's Like Homecoming!

I haven't played Half-Life 2 in a long time. Obviously, it's been way too long, because playing it tonight reminded me just how much every other game in the world SUCKS in comparison. And I'm not just talking about the graphics. (Even though they are very, very, VERY pretty.) As a whole, it's just so damn superior to anything else out there right now. It's a SMART shooter. You actually have to think while playing, not just run around shooting everything that moves. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) The surround sound is godly, the voice acting is Hollywood quality, and the story is involved and intriguing. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the physics. BRILLIANCE. Enemies lurch around when hit, and fall realistically with exceptional ragdoll effects. And the graphics. My GOD! When I loaded up the first level, I just sat there and stared at it. (This always happens when I start playing it again.) It's not just that the graphics are vivid and sharp -- it's that they are so damned REALISTIC. Perhaps the best way to showcase the graphics is from a rooftop in City 17.


I'm now totally hyped up for Half-Life 2: Aftermath. Bring it, G-Man!

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...