Monday, March 23, 2009

On Saturday night, I went on my monthly quest for new music. I always start by checking to see if any of my favorite bands have come out with anything new, and from there go into trying stuff by artists I've not listened to before. On average, I will download about five albums each time I do this. Surprisingly, I don't delete albums. I tend to do my research on a new band before I decide to try them out.

Sometimes, I'll want something new from a band that hasn't released any new material for a few years. In those cases, I'll check to see if they have any earlier albums that I never got, and download those just to have them. I did this with The Bravery on Saturday night, but also noticed they released a new album. But it wasn't really a new album. Their most recent album was called "The Sun and the Moon". This "new" album is called "The Sun and the Moon Complete". I like the band, so I checked to see what this was all about.

This new album is two discs instead of one: One is "The Sun", and the other is "The Moon". Intrigued, I decided to download it. I discovered that The Sun disc was the original album that was released a year ago, and The Moon was a disc containing the same exact songs but mixed differently. I'll admit, if I had actually paid for the album, I would have been annoyed.

I do like hearing different versions of songs, so I kept it. If any of you are familiar with The Bravery, I put both the Sun and the Moon versions of Believe into my playlist for comparison. If you aren't familiar with them, but you listen to the radio, I'm going to take a guess that you know this song but just didn't know what it was called or who did it. So listen to them anyway. =)

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...