Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Ever Growing Collection of Sauce

I have a lunch group -- an established roster of individuals at work whom I eat lunch with just about everyday. We order Chinese food approximately once a week. For any of you who regularly eat at Chinese restaurants, you're familiar with the plethora of sauce packets you receive with every meal -- duck sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce, etc.

Not many of us in the lunch group -- hereafter referred to as the GCP, which I'll leave to your own imagination to figure out -- utilize these sauces, so we're always left with a handful of unused packets after every lunch of Chinese food. I've been saving these in a large brown paper bag, and it's got to the point now where the bag is about two-thirds of the way full.

That's a lot of sauces.

I've been contemplating what I should do with all of these. I was thinking, if I end up working here for another 15 years or so, that I will just keep saving sauces until I have enough to actually fill up someone's cubicle with them. (Duct tape the opening of their cube shut and pour all the packets inside. You've probably seen that done with the styrofoam packing pellets.)

Or, I could just wait until I fill up this paper bag completely, and give it back to the delivery boy the next time we order food. I can just see the confused look on his face now.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...