Thursday, April 10, 2008

I remember this past Sunday morning, my Mom was reading the newspaper at breakfast. She started telling me about this car that was stolen, and the owner had left the keys in the ignition. The car was a Jaguar.

I wasn't paying much attention as she was telling me this, and I just said, "Well, that was a dumb thing to do." or something like that. I didn't think about it again since.

All this week at work, people in the office have been commenting about a car sitting in our parking lot. Finally, someone called the police today and reported it as abandoned.

We were outside on break when the cops arrived to investigate, and I saw the car was a Jaguar. And I vaguely remembered the article my Mom had read to me 4 days ago. I ran back up to my desk and did a local news search on "stolen jaguar" and found the article. A 2000 Jaguar, left unlocked with the keys in the ignition, was stolen from a lot about 5 miles from my office. I did a google image search on 2000 Jaguar. And the images I got looked exactly like the car sitting outside.

So I'm fairly certain that was the stolen Jaguar in my parking lot.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...