Monday, April 28, 2008

The Astro A40 Audio System

Sounds like an elaborate stereo system, doesn't it? In reality though, this is the name of my new headset.

I was hesitant to go back to a headset that wasn't a USB-based connection, mostly because I've tried such headsets before. Either the sound quality would suck, or the microphone quality would suck. Both would never be perfect.

This new headset is finally perfect in both regards. And beyond.

To start with, this headset can be connected in many different ways. First, the most simplest: You plug it into the Headset/Microphone jack in the front of your PC. That's it.

Or, the most complicated -- a USB connector to power the control box, with 4 other connectors for the different sound card ports.

If I want to get up from my desk and I'm too lazy to remove the headset from my head, there's a simply connection near the left ear that I can unplug.

As for comfort, this is where it shines. I would compare wearing this headset to having my head in-between two boobs. It's THAT comfy.

It was definitely worth the 3 month wait.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For $250 (retail), they better be HUGE boobs!

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...