Friday, April 04, 2008

"This, my friend, is a pint."
"It comes in pints?"

You will know, if you are any bit as nerdy as I am, that this is a line from the first LOTR movie. It's a conversation between Merry and Pippen in Bree.

This line is in my head this morning due to a certain humorous situation at Sheetz this morning:

I stopped there for a bottle of Vault, as I do on random mornings when I feel I need some help waking up. Vault, if you are not aware, is an energy soda. Basically it revs you up AND it's bad for you. Win!

I grab the first 20 OZ bottle I see, and I notice it's Vault Zero. Please. If I'm going to drink something bad for me, I'm certainly not going to drink the DIET version. Sadly, all 4 rows that are typically regular Vault were filled with Vault Zero. A tinge of panic...

But then, sitting in an angelic light, I saw a new row in the rack above. The dark color of the bottle told me it wasn't any shitty Vault Zero. But something was different...the bottle was BIGGER. It was a LITER!

"It comes in liters? I'm getting one!"

I actually said it out loud, and the dude getting a pepsi beside me was very, very confused. I stood behind him in line afterwards, and he kept looking behind him often. Every time time he did I would smile broadly and open my eyes really wide.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...