Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This is one of those stories that is probably going to be funny only to me. But what the hell...I'm going to tell it anyway.

I sit one cube over from a guy named Mark. Mark and I get along rather well, as we have a very similar sense of humor (sarcastic and observant). We crack jokes through the wall all the time, and we can also talk face to face if we both stand up from our workstations.

The two of us were already in a laughing mood from the Indian music video (see yesterday's post), so we probably would have busted out laughing at anything even remotely comical. We were standing up talking about the large amounts of work that we're supposed to be getting (but haven't yet), and I jokingly told him that I found a place to dispose of any unwanted work. I then pointed at the cabinet of drawers at my desk.

He looked at me with a puzzled expression, and I showed him what I meant by shoving the file folder I was holding into a slit between the top drawer and the frame of the cabinet (much like a mail slot, only thinner). He laughs and jokingly asks, "Where'd it go?!". I open the drawer to get my folder back, and the drawer is empty. We look at each other with these dumbfounded expressions on our faces, and then just bust out laughing hysterically.

(The folder slid so far back, it was completely out of sight -- I could have done it again if I tried.)

As I said, probably not very funny -- but we entertain ourselves anyway we can in order to get through a typical day of work.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...