Friday, January 20, 2006

Stop Signs

Every so often, in a world full of utter assholes, there exists people who are actually cool. They are scarce, timid, and hard to find, but they are out there. Take today for example.

I stopped at Best Buy after work to pick up my DVDs (they were on sale). After that, I needed to stop over at Boscov's and see if they had any shirts I liked (sale there too). I'm driving around the parking lot, and am about to make a left turn into the Boscov's main parking lot. Approaching the opposite stop sign of where I was about to turn was a red Cobalt. I was nearly in front of this car when I noticed he was going REALLY fast, and it didn't look like he was going to stop. Suddenly, he realized what was about to happen, and he slams on the brakes, stopping halfway out onto the road. I'm chuckling to myself as I make the turn, mostly because the look of panic that he had on his face for a few moments was priceless. And I didn't bother stopping or waving or anything, because as close as he came to me, he could see me laughing, so I figured he knew that I wasn't pissed or anything.

So I got into Boscov's, and walk half-way through the store, walking past the side entrance. Two guys come in through that entrance, and I noticed they were looking at me. At first I just thought I was in their line of sight, and I kept walking until the one dude says, "Hey man, sorry I almost hit you."

So I say, "Oh, that was YOU? Don't worry about it. I've done the same thing before." And he goes on his way. The guy was MY age -- early to mid-20's. Someone in my generation with manners? That's a first.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...