Saturday, January 07, 2006

Reading

People use different means by which they mark their place in a book they're reading. Some use a bookmark. Others fold the corner of the page over. Still others just turn the book upside down on the place where they left off. Me? I just look at the page number. It seems that everyone I tell this looks at me like I'm crazy. Is it really weird to remember the page number of the book you're reading? Does no one else do this?

If it's been a few MONTHS since I've read the book, I probably won't remember the page number then, but if it's the first time anyone has read the book, it's quite easy to find out where you left off -- the binding of the book will be a bit weaker on the pages that you have read, so you just let the book open itself and it will be close to where you left off.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...